April 6, 2012

CONCEPTUAL RECIPES EXPERIMENT



Last month you may have read our post “Food vs colors - new perspectives”, in which we were developing a new line of work. We made the following assumption: the color of the food we eat has an effect on our moods.

Color healing has been used over centuries around the world and it is well known that some colours have a depressing effect on our moods while others are uplifting.

Continuing our research on the relationship between food color and emotions, we developed an experimenting project. The idea to test our theory is the following: developing a food-color code that we will use to imagine unique culinary compositions. We will not follow classic recipes that give measurements / quantities of ingredients, but we will invent conceptual recipes giving the proportions of colors to use.

Will food be coloring your mood? Ready for the experience?


Here is the food-color code developed in our Lab ':




2 comments:

  1. Today is Saturday and definitely I need to cool down, I would fancy for some calmness and why not, but on a much lower degree, some energy and passion, just to get me going for a pub activity.
    So laying down the numbers, I would choose a composition of 27 red, 78 green and 155 blue: oh well, out of the blue, it came out a PANTONE 286 EC. Right, so out of the blue I’m stuck with another kind of blue. Excited by the discovery and committed to applying the new recipe I’m passing to the next step: finding a dish that suites my mood and implicitly the colour. From a “Who wants to be a Millionaire?” perspective, that means calling a friend. So Jamie Fs me off, he ain’t into colours that much, nothing personal that’s clear. Gordon is a gentleman and recalls certain Discovery shows, something related to human anatomy and the reason for which an eye may become bluish.
    Eventually someone from my speed dial would get me a hand. Colours and food is a riddle to be solved only by a chemist. So Heston is the right mate to call. But Heston is patronizing me, arguing that I am incapable to lose weight, even by eating blue dishes.
    All I wanted was some calmness, cooling and the right amount of energy. Instead I got pissed-off and a theory of blue being an appetite suppressant.
    I guess moods & foods are all in my head…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you shared your experiment with us!looks like a bit complex task indeed when you look at it like this.Maybe is easier for the next time just a smoothie out of 27%strawberries,78% kiwi and 155% blueberries;.Happy Easter if you celebrate it tomorrow:)!

      Delete